Avasflowers - Horrible customer service

when the delivery didn't happen when it was supposed to, the horrible phone calls happened. First to argue about the delivery (which they said was delivered but then changed thier mind) then when flowers where delivered, they left them out in the freezing January weather.

The arrangement wasn't what it was supposed to be, I actually wouldn't call it an arrangement since it was just thrown in a vase sloppy.

they didn't deliver the full size card that was paid for or the 25 dollar box of chocolate that was also added on. So when I called to complain they had all sorts of excuses and after 2 days of calling, the flowers where dead (because that is what happens when the freeze and then thaw) they refunded only half the money because in thier opinion the arrangement didn't have to look anything like it was supposed to as long as something was delivered.

tazoreo_82
Not as described
Review #1177803 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Avasflowers - Deplorable customer service

I ordered a small basket with a plant in it to be delivered the same day. Instead, they sent a massive 3' tall plant (that the recipient doesn't have anywhere to display it - hence me purchasing a small table-top arrangement)...and on top of that, it wasn't delivered until a day later.

Every complaint that I have sent to them has been met with excuses and being passed to yet another person with a heavy accent that I could barely understand. No resolution and pretty much given an 'oh well, sorry' kind of answer and trying to get rid of me.

I'm incredibly upset and very unhappy with their service. Do NOT use Ava's Flowers!!

Full refund
Review #1176656 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1176656.

Avasflowers - Failure to Deliver, No resolution from Customer Service

Ordered rush delivery roses for burial. Flowers never delivered, customer support would not assist or refund.

Attempted resolution through Credit Card company and Ava's replied that their florist reported delivering the roses and Credit Card company ruled in their favor. We have phone records of our calls trying to find the roses 1 hour after they were supposedly delivered. Nobody saw the flowers or any delivery person. They also state that we did not contact them and request resolution.

They also make their web site appear to be a local florist in our city, but they are not, they appear to just call a local florist for you and make the order. They do not have a store front in our town as it appears on their website.

Read

Avas is a sending only call center. They have two call center locations: one in NJ and one in NY.

They advertise as local all across the country. Most funeral homes have log sheets of deliveries that have been made so you might see if the location your flowers were supposed to be delivered to have a log sheet. While it's not a common occurrence, funeral home employees sometimes put flowers with the wrong person. What most likely happened is no reputable florist would accept the order.

This is because Avas only sends the receiving florist about half of what you paid with no delivery added.

Real florists won't offer free delivery unless it's going to the funeral home or walked across the street. They have to maintain a delivery vehicle and pay the driver.

rlhathaway56_24
@Anonymous

These were actually to be delivered to a church building where the funeral was taking place. We were the only group in the building, no mistaking where they should go. I checked with the funeral director, who was in the entry foyer of the building during the funeral, when the flowers were stated to be delivered by Ava's, he saw nothing.

@rlhathaway56_24

The only way you might be able to find out is to contact every local florist in the city/town where you needed the flowers delivered and see if any of them received it. Florists in rural areas don't usually have the wire services and Avas won't do a direct payment over the phone.

They use the FTD Mercury system to wire orders all over the country. They may also use the 1800flowers Bloomnet service or the Teleflora Dove system. Everything they wire to my shop comes over the FTD Mercury system. Avas has a BBB rating of F.

You can file a complaint with the FTC and also the wire services. To help you avoid call centers in the future, scroll down the search page until you see local numbers and addresses. Those will be your real local florists. There are a lot of those sending only call centers out there.

They advertise all over the web including this website.

Florists won't have everything on sale nor free delivery. Hope this helps.

rlhathaway56_24
Lack of delivery, Unreliable and irresponsible, Misrepresented delivery ability
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1175204 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Avasflowers - I should have read reviews first

I was in a bind as the flowers I ordered last night were cancelled. I was at work trying to order replacement flowers on my phone and Ava’s Flowers came up in my search for local florists.

I found an arrangement and found prices to be reasonable for same day delivery. An hour later I get 4 texts and 2 voicemail that there are issues with my order. I call in and they say that their florist was ill but that to make up for it they would upgrade my arrangement at no cost and send tomorrow. They also said that they called the recipient and confirmed that a delivery tomorrow would be okay.

Not sure why they would call the recipient to confirm this but okay whatever. Not even 30 min later I get 2 more texts and a voicemail saying there was an issue. I called back wondering what else had gone wrong. I get someone from out of the country telling me that they don’t have the flowers available but since they noticed it was a female recipient that they would upgrade the order for no charge to 2 dozen red roses a $140 value.

I’m utterly disappointed as this was supposed to be a birthday bouquet with white, orange, yellow and green. By this point i’ve lost all faith and say whatever just make sure something get delivered. Just received tracking info. Flowers are coming from NJ and MA.

So much for local. Their hold message says they are a small family company. With a call center. Sure.

Total BS. I’m scared to see what gets delivered.

Never again. This is what I get for ordering last minute on my phone.

Order processing issue
Review #1174444 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1174444.

Avasflowers - Horrible customer service

Tried to order flowers online, received notice that it wouldn't process. Call and spoke to representative and did the order over the phone.

Was told they could only do delivery that day if I bought the biggest bouquet. Stated I would stick with my order and have it delivered next day. Received a phone call the next day and the flowers that were supposed to be for a funeral never showed up. Clearly upset that the sympathy bouquet didn't I arrive as planned I called customer service.

I spent thirty minutes on the phone where they couldn't even find my order. Once it's found in the system the information and delivery recipient was not even correct. Spoke to Customer service after I was asked to be transferred to a manager. Received the exact same run around with him.

Asked to speak to his boss and I got back "um you mean my boss?" Yes that's what your boss means! Seriously stupid people.

Poor customer service
Review #1171324 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1171324.

Avasflowers - Never deal with them

On January 11 I went on line to order flowers where they were having a sale off the flowers and free delivery. I ended up calling and speaking to someone.

We picked the flowers andadded balloons and then I asked about the discount and he said it was given. I gave my credit card and then asked what the total was. When he gave me the total I said to cancel the order. He said that it was too late.

A $17.95 delivery charge was added on without telling me. I insisted on cancelling the order but he said it could not be done. I called my credit card immediately but was told that I would have to wait until the charge was "processed" and not just "pending". I called back and with my credit card Avas Flowers was contacted.

The person supposedly listened to the recording up to the point of my agreeing to the price of the flowers. She did NOT listen to the entire conversation.

A 10% credit was given on the price of the arrangement. I never received any e-mail confirming the sale--they must have typed in an incorrect address.

sbskahn_84
Order processing issue
Full refund
Review #1170939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.8

Avasflowers - DID NOT DELIVER MY ORDER

We ordered flowers for a bereaved co-worker who had lost 2 close family members in 1 week. The ad said same day delivery.

We got an email that day that said due to unforeseen circumstances they could not deliver that day but would deliver the next day. Our co-worker NEVER got the flowers. We tried for 11 days and literally hours on the phone to get them delivered with no resolution. We then requested our money back and they offered less than half of the cost of the order as a refund.

THEY ARE HORRIBLE. DON'T EVEN THINK OF ORDERING FROM THEM!

Our grieving co-worker actually apologized to us for having to deal with this company. That's just plain wrong!

service_44
I liked
I didn’t like
Did not give full refund
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1170205 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Poor Customer Service

I was having a basket delivered and was concerned about the weather delaying it. So, I called the local Nashville store and spoke to a person there.

I shared my concerns and that I didn't want to place an order if there was a risk of weather delaying it. The person on the phone assured me that they would deliver that day. I even gave them the address over the phone, asking if they could verify that the weather wouldn't delay delivery to that address. That person again stated that there was no concern they would be able to deliver it.

I then submitted my order after I was told there wouldn't be any delays. A few hours later I received an email stating that it was now delayed. I called to get a refund and was told by Dinia that they could not refund my entire amount, only a portion. I told her that I called prior to submitting my order and was told by an employee that I would have it delivered today.

I understand weather happens, I just wanted a refund. Dinia refused to provide me with a full refund. She just kept stating their policy over and over like a robot.

I think it is very sad that they wouldn't refund me my money, even though I called ahead of time and was assured there wouldn't be a delay. Again, I know things happen, I am just asking for my money back.

Loss
Review #1170159 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1170159.

Avasflowers - Awful flowers and awful customer service

Problem # 1 - Googled “Richmond area florists” on Friday, January 5, 2018 and your company was at the top of the list. Thinking I was dealing with a local florist, I went to your website where a deal was presented for 10% off and “free same day delivery”.

The plant was for my son's fiancee's Father's funeral the next day in Richmond, VA. I chose a “premium peace lily “ plant and proceeded with the order. The plant was $59.99 plus a $2.99 charge for a card, which I though was strange because a card is usually included. After the $6.00 discount, my total on the screen was $56.98.

I was shocked when I checked my credit card and found that the amount charged was $72.93. There had been a “service fee” of $15.95 added to my order. This had appeared nowhere on my screen! I feel that is very deceptive at best.

Also when I was placing the order I noticed that the family's last name was listed twice. I called the toll-free number to get that corrected. The lady I talked to said that she would fix it. When I asked her if she was the “local florist” in Richmond she said “No, I am in New Jersey.” I asked her for the local florist phone number they would be using in Richmond so I could make sure the card was correct.

She stated that it was company policy and she could not give out the number. I also asked if I would be getting a confirmation e-mail and a delivery e-mail of my order and she assured me I would. To date I have received nothing from your company. If I had known about the $15.95 “service fee” at the time I certainly would have brought that up also but I did not find out about that until much later.

Problem # 2 – We live in Roanoke, VA, about a 3 hour drive from Richmond. When we arrived at the funeral home on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 3:00 for the funeral service, I was shocked to see what had been delivered. The “premium peace lily” was very small and looked awful. It was extremely wilted and looked on it's last legs.

I was very embarrassed for my family and especially for my son. This was certainly not a “premium peace lily” or a “premium “anything. Too late to do anything about it then! This was supposed to be a plant that my son's fiancee could take home as a remembrance of her father after the service.

Instead this was an embarrassment to both. Problem#3 – When we returned home to Roanoke, I went to your website on Tuesday, January 9. 2018, looked up my order and went to the section that said “report a problem” It also said that I could request a redelivery or a refund. I filled out the form stating all of the problems listed above and submitted it.

It stated that a representative would be in touch shortly. It is now Friday, January 12, 2018 and I have yet to be contacted by anyone either through e-mail or by phone. Since a redelivery would have been impossible, I requested a refund of $72.93. As I stated I have yet to receive any contact from your company about anything!

After hearing nothing from Avas flowers, I called them today with my complaints. The first lady got agitated and told me when I hit the order flowers button then another screen should have popped up with the $15.95 service fee on it. She admitted it was confusing. She then told me that I was due no refund because I didn't contact them within 24-48 hours of delivery.

I explained that we were out of town for the funeral and all of the information was on my home computer and I contacted them upon my return. She kept repeating that it was my fault for not contacting them within the 48 hour time frame. I then spoke to a “supervisor” that kept repeating the same thing. He told me he would give me a $10.00 refund and 10% off my next order.

This is the WORST customer service. Their website is deceiving at best and their products are crap, plus they will not stand behind their products.

They will not respond to e-mails or inform you of anything. I will never use them again and you shouldn't either!

Worse flower company ever
Full refund
Review #1167711 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1167711.
1.5

Avasflowers - Terrible flowers. The worst customer experience of my life.

I ordered flowers for my grandma to enjoy when she went into hospice. They sent a "deluxe" version of a bouquet that was supposed to have roses, spry roses and daisies.

It arrived with 4 roses and lots of greenery, none of the others. When I emailed, they wrote me back and said "substitution policy, case closed." But there was no substitution. I called - I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT: 1. They told me they subbed - I asked them to explain what they substituted (they had the picture).

They said roses, I said no, roses were already included, what did you put in for the spry roses and daisies, all I see is green and your policy says flowers of equal or greater value. Where are the flowers and what did you sub? No answer but he'll go talk to designer. 2.

Comes back and says "My designer said the flowers were there when it went out." UM ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You just said you subbed but didn't have an answer. And NOW, are you seriously ACCUSING MY GRANDMOTHER IN HOSPICE OF REMOVING FLOWERS??? 3.

This part becomes unreal - then he admits they're OUT OF THE FLOWERS they just claimed were in the bouquet but my bed-bound grandmother apparently stole. SO they didn't even have the flowers i n house and were clearly hoping I wouldn't notice!! 4. He goes away and comes back and says, ok we'll partially refund you.

I said, I don't care about the money, she's in hospice can you just deliver what you promised. He comes back and says, get this - "OUR DESIGNER SAYS THE DELIVERY ADDRESS IS KINDA FAR AWAY FOR HIM SO WE'D RATHER JUST PARTIALLY REFUND YOU." Are. You. Kidding.

Me. You were happy to take my money and deliver a *** arrangement but now you don't want to make it right because it's too inconvenient for your designer????? What about your customer?? 5.

41 MINUTES ON THE PHONE. 41 minutes back and forth with this BS and terrible customer service. Ultimately they agreed to deliver a better bouquet and it was much closer to the picture, but this was the worst customer experience of my entire life. NO WONDER THEY'RE NOT ON YELP.

They would be destroyed.

They are the worst, worst. DO NOT USE AVASFLOWERS!

I liked
Nada
Poor customer service
Review #1167519 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1167519.