Avasflowers - Bad customer service
Update added by user Mar 19, 2014
After several calls, the flowers were "rerouted" to the correct address.Did I technically "lose" $64?
It was just a very bad investment for a friend that needed a "pick me up." No need to be accused of libel.My point still stands about being warned.
Original review posted by user Mar 19, 2014
In the 1990s, CBS 60 Minutes had a segment about mega companies that buy up phone listings for flower shops across the country beginning with "A." There's usually a number but no address.The McFlower shop pays a local florist to fill the order with specific instructions.
If I used my computer instead of my phone, I could have found a place with a physical address. Avas was not a good choice. Although it is "family owned for 30 years," your calls are routed to a northeastern state with the call center din in the background. The flowers were delivered to the wrong address.
Customer service was less than cooperative to rectify the problem, because there is always a different person when you call. My guess is that they make their money on "one and done" customers.
For the money I spent, a local florist would have sent a much nicer bouquet that wasn't 60% green and 40% non-green.Be warned consumers.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Terrible customer service. Flowers arrived a day late, when I had paid the extra 10 dollars to have it there in the morning for my deceased father in laws family...."
- "I purchased a funeral arrangement for my uncle. As you can clearly see by the photos, the advertised arrangement on the left is nothing like that which was delivered to..."
- "My aunt's funeral was yesterday morning in SC. I phoned in an order for flowers based on an on-line ad for Ava's, supposedly a locally owned florist in N. Charleston...."
- "My mother and I received a blanket we ordered from PBK for a baby shower we were supposed to attend. Embarrassingly enough we showed up gift less due to the..."
- "I purchased the extended warranty through GBS for my Ashley Durablend couch and loveseat and was told "peeling isn't covered on Durablend only on top grain leather products". Both..."
- "I love the convenience of my pocket hose it's lightweight and convenient also it' easy to use. I have three problems , this is my third purchased. Its shredding in..."